Call for Entries 2023
14 de January de 2023
Call for Entries 2023
The submissions must be done by Eventival in the link below:
- The 12th Olhar de Cinema – Curitiba International Film Festival is organized by the production company Grafo Audiovisual. The Festival will take place in Brazilian territory, in a hybrid modality with in-person sessions in Curitiba and online, from June 14 to 22, 2023.
- Entries for the festival are open to films of all types and genres. The selected movies will be screened in the following format: DCP and ProRes 4:2:2.
- For the festival consideration: short film is up to 49′ and feature film is over 50’.
- Submitted films must be Brazilian premieres or have been screened publicly after April 1st 2022. In addition they must follow the rules below:
1. Non-Brazilian Feature and Short Films: Only Brazilian premiere.
2. Brazilian feature and short films: Preferably Brazilian premiere.
- We define premiere as having no prior public screening (commercial, movie theater, tv, websites, festivals, exhibitions, online, etc.) in Brazil.
- Non-premiere short and feature films may compose the non-competitive festival sections at the discretion of the Festival’s programming team.
- Applications must be sent by the filmmakers, producers or legal representatives of the films at the website www.olhardecinema.com.br through the Application Form (Eventival), between January 16th and March 10th, 2023.
- International feature and short films must pay a submission fee: €8 for international short films and €25 euros for international feature films. Brazilian feature and short films are exempt from the submission form fee.
- It won’t be considered those films who had filled out the submission form incorrectly.
- International Films that have not paid the entry fee will not be considered.
- The films must be sent exclusively by a private link and the password must be kept the same until May 10th, 2023.
- All films must be submitted with subtitles in English or Portuguese when not spoken in Portuguese.
- For application purposes, the work-in-progress version of the film will be accepted.
- The screening copies must arrive at the festival until May 26th, 2023.
- The festival will take place with in-person and online screenings. The rights holders of each selected film will be contacted and consulted for authorization of the screenings.
- For the online screenings, if authorized by the submitter, the access will be restricted to Brazilian territory only, but guests, critics and press abroad, with credentials, can watch the sessions.
- The Brazilian premiere, even if online, must take place until the end of the festival (June 22th) for the sections: International Competition, Brazilian Competition, New Views and Opening/Closing fim for both feature and short films.
- The submitter can accept (is not obligated) to have a online screening too and the festival pledges to take all technological and organizational measures to ensure a secure platform with all possible anti-piracy mechanisms, including DRM (Digital Rights Management), geo-blocking, access control, as well as viewing limitation.
- All official and partner awards bestowed by the festival may be found on our website under the menu The Festival -> Awards.
- The organization may include further awards resulting from new partnerships and this information will be made available on the festival’s official website.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The individual or legal entity enrolling a film hereby declares they are authorized to submit the film to screenings and understands and accepts these terms and regulations.
- The official selection will be announced to the public and press until May 10th, 2023.
- The person responsible for the registration must indemnify and exempt Olhar de Cinema – Curitiba International Film Festival against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages and expenses (including, but not limited to attorney fees and court costs) that may occur by reason of complaints involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, exhibition, loss or damage to the enrolled selection videos.
- Situations unforeseen by this regulation will be analyzed by the organizing committee of the festival, being its decision final and absolute.
Curitiba | Paraná | Brazil
January 16th, 2023